DNL, Game of Thrones, Historic Tale Construction KIt, History, Learning Apps, War of the roses
Click on the image to watch the opening credits of our lesson
Lesson 1: Why study Game of Thrones in the history class?
- The document: Suzannah LIPSCOMB, « Game of Thrones: Does Fantasy Fiction Beat Period Drama? », in History Today, 2014.
- The exercise: Associate the GOT stories with the historical events
Lesson 2: Are the Seven Kingdoms a metaphor of medieval England?
- How to understand the geography of Game of Thrones
- What is the story of the Seven Kingdoms?
- Why has G.R.R. Martin invented the story of the Seven Kingdoms?
Lesson 3: The history « Beyond the Wall »
- The Wall in the show
- The Wall in history
Activity: work in a team to write the dialogues of this scene with The Night’s Watch in Castle Black.
Lesson 4: The Starks and the Lannisters: a new war of roses?
Activity: Summarize the history of the War of the Roses using the Historic Tale Construction Kit.
Lesson 5: Who’s who?
Could you guess who as inspired G.R.R. MARTIN to create Game of Thrones characters?
Pingback: DNL | Pearltrees