Lodz Ghetto during WWII and migrants in Europe, 2015
Lesson 1: Migrants to England in the Middle Ages
Click to this document to read an article about Medieval immigrants moving to England in the Middle Ages (History Extra)
Lesson 2 : The Irih migration to the USA in the 19th and 20th century
Prep activity (1)
Prep activity (2)
A l’aide de la vidéo ci-dessus, complétez et apprenez les paroles de la chanson « No Irish Need Apply ».
Lesson 3: Ellis Island, the « Island of Tears »
Watch this video and take notes for the test
Using these posters of the French Musée de l’histoire de l’immigration, create a poster about migration in the USA in the 19th and 20th century
- Find a picture online
- Find a slogan / motto
- Create a poster combining text and archives using Canva
- Don’t forget to mention the references of your document
- Publish it on this padlet
Lesson 2: What is it like to be a refugee?
I. The European Refugee Crisis Explained
II. Against All Odds
- Open the game « Against All Odds » by clicking on this image above.
- Click on « Open in full screen »
- Click on « Play Against All Odds
- Choose your character by using the arrows.
- Choose a team’s name and write it on your exercice book.
- Click on « Register my game » and follow the instructions.
- Let’s play and learn, but don’t forget to take notes during this exercice. Next week, you will have a test about it.
Prepare an oral session
- Tool : Prezi or another presentation tool
- Ressources : Web facts on the serious game « Against All Odds »
- Instructions : Introduce the story of a refugee
- Why do they flee?
- A difficult journey
- The travel conditions
- How to cross the borders?
- Find a shelter
- Compare travel’s stories of Vjolica and Michael
- How to begin a new life in the host countries?
- Refuges and extreme-right
|Timing (5 minutes)||2|
|Quality of the contents (organisation and information)||3|
|Oral and language (you don’t read your notes and your English is good)||3|
|Quality of the presentation (with Prezi or another tool)||2|