Lodz Ghetto during WWII
Migrants in Europe, 2015
Lesson 1: Short history of the waves of migration in the world
I. Migrants to England in the Middle Ages
II. Migrants to the USA in the 19th and 20th century
Using these posters of the French Musée de l’histoire de l’immigration, create a poster about migration in the USA in the 19th and 20th century
- Find a picture online
- Find a slogan / motto
- Create a poster combining text and archives using Canva
- Don’t forget to mention the references of your document
- Publish it on this padlet
And other examples on this padlet
Lesson 2: What is it like to be a refugee?
I. The European Refugee Crisis Explained
II. Against All Odds
- Open the game « Against All Odds » by clicking on this image above.
- Click on « Open in full screen »
- Click on « Play Against All Odds
- Choose your character by using the arrows.
- Choose a team’s name and write it on your exercice book.
- Click on « Register my game » and follow the instructions.
- Let’s play and learn, but don’t forget to take notes during this exercice. Next week, you will have a test about it.
Prepare an oral session
- Tool : Prezi or another presentation tool
- Ressources : Web facts on the serious game « Against All Odds »
- Instructions : Introduce the story of a refugee
- Why do they flee?
- A difficult journey
- The travel conditions
- How to cross the borders?
- Find a shelter
- Compare travel’s stories of Vjolica and Michael
- How to begin a new life in the host countries?
- Refuges and extreme-right
|Timing (5 minutes)||2|
|Quality of the contents (organisation and information)||3|
|Oral and language (you don’t read your notes and your English is good)||3|
|Quality of the presentation (with Prezi or another tool)||2|